The Firm’s Transportation Group has extensive experience working closely with owners and management of trucking, motor coach, and logistics companies handling the many complex issues that these businesses encounter on a daily basis. This helps clients focus on growing their businesses, reducing their potential risk exposure, and planning for the future.
Our Firm understands that the transportation industry is constantly evolving. Industry laws and regulations are comprehensive, complex, and always changing. Through ongoing communication with our clients, we advise them of new laws, rules and regulations, and proposed legislation pending on the national and state levels. We also pride ourselves on working with the professionals within the client’s organization so that our legal advice is framed by the client’s accounting and financial needs.
Our Transportation Group attorneys transcend simply being legal counsel for our clients; we are our clients’ trusted business advisors.
Our hands-on approach with our clients’ management teams and business professionals ensures sound navigation of the complex issues affecting their businesses. Additionally, the Transportation Group works hand-in-hand with the Firm’s other departments, whose lawyers are experienced in the areas of corporate, employment, taxation, mergers & acquisitions, intellectual property, insurance, and real estate law. Our fully-integrated practice ensures that we meet a client’s overall needs.
The legal services our Transportation Group provides include:
- Corporate Transactions: Our Firm handles restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, sales, and purchases of companies through stock or assets.
- Litigation: We have an experienced and accomplished litigation department with experience handling cases in federal and state courts, as well as alternative dispute resolution forums.
- Strategic Advice: We counsel and advise clients on, among other things, the development of internal corporate policies, employment practices, and enhanced operational processes.
- Legal Compliance: We ensure that the client’s business practices and operations comply with all federal laws and regulations, and are consistent with prudent corporate governance practices.
Specific recent counseling projects include:
- Representing a third-generation motor coach operator in the acquisition of several local competitors and out-of-state motor coach operators.
- Representing a logistics company in the leasing of a new warehouse space, tripling our client’s warehousing and storage capabilities.
- Representing a multi-generational trucking company in the relocation of its business within Port Newark by negotiating a new long-term lease with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for a highly competitive space.
Representing a young trucking company expanding its business operations by restructuring the company to permit new classifications of ownership interests for